Dear Prospective Member,
We encourage you to consider joining MAPP. In the past, you may have attended a MAPP function, or have been a MAPP member, or have expressed an interest in knowing more about the organization. Whatever your tie to MAPP, now is a good time to make it official and join the MAPP family.
The reason is simple. MAPP offers its members invaluable opportunities to socialize, learn, exercise, and build community as they age together in Meadowmont. More specifically, MAPP offers its members:
- Sustainability: MAPP is a 501c3 non-profit corporation with a Board, Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, and a history of serving residents of Meadowmont who are 55 years of age and older.
- Organizational Structure: MAPP members serve on a Board, organize activity/interest groups, direct a Speakers Series, maintain a website, and engage in an annual planning and budget process.
- Support for Members: As a result of participating in various MAPP activities, members deepen their friendships with other MAPP members, making it easier and more natural to ask for help when needed.
- Educational Function: MAPP members become informed about issues relating to aging through our third Thursday lectures, website links, and members sharing their skills and knowledge.
- Communications Between and Among Members: These are facilitated via our website and include:
- Activity Group e-mail lists
- A quarterly newsletter. (MAPP Musings)
- A Membership Directory. (open to members only)
- Shared Leadership: MAPP encourages continuous communication between the Board and members by asking for new ideas and suggestions that are used to guide changes in our programs and budgets.
If you would like more information about joining, or if you would like to attend a MAPP function, please contact Fred Spielman (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to hearing from you.
Fred Spielman and Gary Barnes, MAPP Co-Presidents